Auditions for Playhouse 2000 shows are roughly 8-12 weeks prior to the opening weekend of the show. Everyone is invited to audition, but we do our best to work very professionally. Actors should expect approximately 6 weeks of rehearsals. A full rehearsal schedule is typically available after auditions. Auditioners for each show are only expected to attend one audition session unless specially informed about call-backs.
- Director Jeffrey Brown will be looking for four women and 1 man (see descriptions below) to create the fascinating characters in this moving and fascinating play.
- No advance preparation is necessary. Face coverings will be required of all who attend. Show dates are April 9 to 24.
- Advance copies of the script can be checked out for TWO DAYS (we mean it!) at the VK Garage Office between 10 and 5 most days. Or call Jeffrey at (830) 896-9393 x 303 to arrange a time.
- Roles Available:
- Henrietta Leavitt – the real-life scientist whose work changed the field of astronomy – 30’s or so – brilliant, meticulous, excited!
- Margaret Leavitt – Henrietta’s sister – 30’s or so – homebody, creative, sweet.
- Peter Shaw – 30’s or so – assistant to the head astronomer at the Harvard Observatory.
- Annie Cannon – 40’s ish – the leader, terse and sure, on her way to being a firebrand.
- Williamina Fleming – 50’s or thereabouts – smart as a whip fun. Scottish!
Volunteer Behind the Scenes
Playhouse 2000 has a vibrant and very active volunteer team. Volunteers are the backbone of the theater & can never be thanked enough for all of their hard work and time spent helping to make Playhouse 2000 sensational year after year. There are many opportunities to volunteer for the theater.
We have a wonderful team of volunteer ushers! Call the Playhouse office to see when you can usher for a Playhouse 2000 or Cailloux Theater production! Contact Susan at (830) 896-9393 ext. 302 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the volunteer usher list.
Playhouse 2000 now manages concessions during all Playhouse shows and many other performances at the Cailloux Theater. Volunteer ushers will be asked to assist with concessions during intermission.
Set Design and Construction
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are the volunteer work days for the Cailloux. This includes building and painting scenery, hanging lights, pulling and making props, pulling and/or creating costumes, etc. Call Nick at (830) 896-9393 ext. 305 or email@example.com for more information.
We also occasionally call on volunteers for help with folding programs, stuffing envelopes, and preparing mailers. We also prepare for the nightly productions. This is a great day for someone to volunteer who maybe just had surgery or isn’t able to stand for very long. Contact Amy at (830) 896-9393 ext. 304 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the volunteer contact list.